From September of 2008 until November of 2009, my colleague Meg Busse and I wrote a blog every two weeks to “bring you extra advice and personal musings related to the world of nonprofit careers.” I’ve collected all fourteen of my blogs, in order, below:
- Your Personal Mission Statement
- FYI, Informational Interviews Are Where It’s At!
- Getting Your Career Search on Track
- 2009’s Nonprofit Career Resolution: Be Intentional!
- Where Have All the Nonprofit Jobs Gone?
- Wanted: Nonprofit Career Advocates
- NPR’s Marketplace Visits the Idealist LA Career Fair
- Can You Help Nonprofits Find the Next Generation of Leaders?
- PODCAST: Transitioning into a Nonprofit Career
- Don’t Just Hunt for Your Next Job…Develop It!
- The Economic Downturn—Good for Volunteers, But is it Good for Job Seekers, Too?
- Breaking into a Career in the Nonprofit World
- Working for Oregon’s Best Mid-Sized Nonprofit (Hint: It’s More Than Just Foosball…)
- Taking My Own Advice
Visit the Career Corner homepage to see both these entries as well as Meg’s fantastic contributions.